Your Guide to Keep Those Pesky Germs Away
Cleaning your hands is a big deal these days. So the overwhelming question is “why is it so important?” With the recent health concerns due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become the most asked question of the month. So, now is the best time ever to break down just what is the best way to stay healthy from viruses and germs. One of the best ways is to never touch your face, or anyone, or anything. Easier said than done, am I right? If I weren’t typing right now I’d probably be touching my face as we speak. I never realized just how much I touch my face until it became a big deal.
Since never touching anything isn’t a possibility, what is the next best thing? Washing with soap is the ultimate option in keeping the germs and bacteria away. Soap is an amazing thing, because it pulls the fatty layer around the germ-y cells and gets to the center of the issue. Bam! Bye-bye yucky germs. There are a few options to clean your hands these days, and all of them are way better than nothing! Although our top suggestion is bar soap.
Why? The quick answer is that it is the least diluted option. Hand sanitizers are great for on the go, but because there is still dirt and oils on your hands it does dilute the effectiveness of the product. As for liquid soap, just keep in mind that liquid soaps can be great but they do have additional water and therefore are a diluted version of the bar soap. Also, keep an eye out for ingredients, added chemicals are often used in hand sanitizers and liquid soaps to preserve them. Just pick whatever you are comfortable using, but I love my handmade bar soap.
How to Wash Your Hands
It is important that you are washing your hands properly. I know you’re a grown adult and can wash your hands! But just in case you weren’t raised with the proper technique, we will break it down here for you.
- Your hands need to be rinsed with water. Honestly it doesn’t matter how warm the water is, but for me I much prefer warm water.
- Grab the chosen bar of soap, I know some of you have a whole drawer to choose from, because you have told me so.
- Lather your hands with a good solid lather, then return the bar of soap to its rightful place.
- Interlace your fingers to lather in there, get the backs of each hand.
- Makes sure the palms got scrubbed well, now on to the outskirts
- Get up to the wrists and the outer edges of the thumb and pinky
- Okay, did we waste at least 20 minutes yet?
- Awesome! Now you are good to go.